Terms & Condition
This rental terms and conditions is applied to www.villachangrajang.com operated by Inspiring Properties Limited trading as inspiringvillas.com “Inspiring Villas” Booking a Property is verydifferent from booking a regular hotel room, please read the following conditions carefully.
- 1. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
- Early arrival or late departure will depend upon availability of the villa. The early check in fee is 50% of nightly booked rate from 10 am onwards and this includes our chef to prepare lunch.
- The late check out fee is also 50% of nightly booked rate until 6 pm. After 6:00pm, the full daily rate is applicable.
- 2. REGISTERED GUESTS
- Only the number of persons stipulated in the Rental Agreement may reside at the property as guests. Registered guests cannot exceed the number of guests provided at the time of booking by the lessee. Should the Lessor or the Lessor Representative find that the number of people staying at the property exceeds the number of registered guests, the Lessor or the Lessor Representative may, at his or her absolute discretion, ask the extra person or persons to either pay the applicable additional charge as per the published rate or to vacate the property forth with. The cost for unregistered guests is US $300.00 per person per night. Extra mattresses can also be provided for additional guests by prior arrangement at the villa. This will incur an additional cost of US $150.00 per single mattress.
- 3. PETS
- No pets are allowed on the entire property.
- 4. PAYMENT
- When booking a villa less than 6 months in advance, a minimum deposit of 50% will be required within 5 business days of booking. This deposit is non-refundable. If you are booking a villa more than 6 months in advance, a 25% deposit is due within 5 business days of booking. The additional 25% of the deposit will be requested 6 months prior to your stay. Payment is due in full no later than 45 days before your expected arrival date or 60 days prior to arrival (stay periods of high season, which is Chinese New Year, Easter, Christmas, and New Year, and any other periods which are notified at the time of confirmation). No contract will exist between the guest and villa owner until receipt of funds. If funds are not received within 5 business days the reservation shall be deemed cancelled and Inspiring Villas or the villa owner reserves the right to allocate the Villa to another client.
- If the required deposit payment is not received within 5 business days, Inspiring Villas reserves the right to void the guest’s booking request without any notice.
- If the booking is made less than 30 days days or less prior to arrival then full payment will be required within 5 business days after the booking is confirmed.
- If the booking is made 7 days or less prior to arrival then full payment will be required not later than 72 hours after the booking is confirmed.
- Bookings which are made less than 72 hours or less before arrival required credit card payment within 24 hours of booking.
- If payments are not made on or before the due dates as required herein, the Owner or the Owner’s Representative may cancel the booking, in which case this Rental Contract will be thereby terminated without any further notice required. Cancellation charges may apply as detailed below.
- 5. ADDITIONAL COSTS
- The cost of electricity, Wireless Internet, mains water, cleaning and garden supplies, and local taxes are included in rental rates. Only provisioning costs plus 20% surcharged of shopping bill will be the Guest’s responsibility. Gratuities for household staff are encouraged and normal, but are left entirely to the Guest’s discretion.
- 6. MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS
- There is a minimum 3 days stay requirement for most of the year. During peak seasons (Christmas & New Year), the minimum stay is from 7 to 10 days. For holidays such as Easter and Chinese New Year, the minimum stay is 5 days. This may not be applicable to some villas.
- 7. CANCELLATION
- The cancellation will take effect from the day the written confirmation is received (email acceptable). The following cancellation charges will be applicable depending on when the notification of the cancellation is received in writing and the period of stay in the Villa. All cancellations made by the Lessee are subject to penalties below:
- 7.1 If Lessee cancels within 45 days prior to the beginning of the rental period the entire rental amount will be forfeited.
- 7.2 If Lessee cancels 46 days or more before the beginning of the rental period, the Lessor will forfeit 50% of the rental amount.
- 7.3 For Peak Season bookings, If Lessee cancels 75 days or more before the beginning of the rental period, the Lessor will forfeit 50% of the rental amount. If Lessee cancels within 60 days prior to the beginning of the rental period the entire rental amount will be forfeited.
- Once a booking confirmation, a fee of USD 50 will apply to each amendment made. Inspiring Villas will do its best to accommodate any reasonable amendments, but the Guest should be
- 9. SECURITY DEPOSIT
- US$5000 security deposit payable via bank transfer minimum 14 days prior to arrival, returnable within 7 days after check out, less the cost of any damage or breakages during the rental period of the Villa, if applicable. If there is any damage and costs that exceed the amount of the deposit, the Lessee will remain liable to the Lessor to pay the same promptly.
- 10. LESSEE’S INSURANCE
- Each guest must have comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage). Public liability insurance is also required.
- 11. FORCE MAJEURE
- Lessor shall not be responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events outside of Lessor’s control such as civil disturbances, fires, floods, severe weather, or Acts of God.
- 12. COMPLAINTS
- The Lessor cannot be held liable for interruptions to the supply of water, or electricity, or Internet connection or breakdown of swimming pool filtration systems, though the Lessor will use their best endeavours to arrange for any such problems to be solved quickly. If there are any problems during the rental period that could not be solved by dealing directly with the local villa staff, contact the Lessor, the Villa Concierge, or the Lessor’s local representative immediately and they will use their best endeavours to rectify the situation. It is understood that infrastructure, local
- standards and conditions are often of a less developed nature in a remote resort location than in more urban environments. The Lessor or its representative will do as much as can be reasonably expected to avoid and rectify. Any complaints should be made in writing to the Lessor within 24 hours of the occurrence. No complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered if made after the departure date.
- 13. CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR
- The Lessor is responsible for the correct and appropriate behaviour of the guests staying at the Villa. Should any member of the party behave in a manner considered inappropriate, either the Lessor or the local representative may at their absolute discretion ask the offending guest or guests to vacate the Villa forthwith. No refund can be claimed from the Lessor in such case. The owner or his or her representative may enter the villa at any time.
- 14. SOCIAL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
- Following the association with “The Code” developed by Kuoni Travel, IPSL, the Lessor and the local representative endeavour to contribute to the fight against child prostitution and trafficking. It is also prohibited to act unlawfully in any way whatsoever and to bring in and/or use/consume any illegal substances. Police authorities will be immediately informed of any offenders. In addition, in line with its moral duty and respect for the local employees, as well as for the safety of our valued guests and the protection of the property, it is not permitted to bring male or female joiners back to the villa.
- 15. STAFF AT THE VILLAS
- The service of some staff is included at the villa. Additional services such as those of babysitters and/or drivers can be sourced in advance or on site upon request. Although such services cannot be guaranteed and will depend on availability, the Villa Concierge will do their best to find suitable arrangements. Under NO circumstances can staff at the Villa be asked to look after any minors staying at the Villa. The Lessee shall allow staff, pool maintenance and gardeners reasonable access to the Villa and the grounds for the purpose of maintaining the Villa and the grounds, pool and property.
- 16. FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- All food and beverage items purchased on behalf of guests will be charged to guests at cost plus 20%. The 20% surcharge covers cooking gas, transportation and all costs incurred from cooking and kitchen-related expenses.
- 17. LINEN & TOWELS
- Linen and towels are provided at the Villa. We have adopted a “Save the Planet” eco-policy, so the linens are changed every four (4) days, or as deemed necessary. If more frequent changes are required, there may be extra charges. Towels will be replaced when they are placed in the towel basket.
- 18. FURNITURE
- All interior furnishings and furniture must remain inside the villa, and only exterior furnishings and designated outdoor furniture may be used for external purposes.
- 19. TRANSFERS
- Rates exclude airport pick up and return. Taxis and airport transfers can be arranged through the Villa Concierge. Local taxis can be arranged by the Villa Concierge or the Villa Manager.
- 20. LESSOR’S INSURANCE
- The Lessee agrees not to do, or permit to be done, anything whereby any insurance of the Villa against loss or damage by fire may become void or avoidable or whereby the rate of premium for any such insurance may be increased.
- 21. DUE CARE AND SUPERVISON/INDEMNITY
- The Lessee accepts and acknowledges that he or she is responsible and liable for the safety and well being of all guests and third parties staying at the Villa during the time of the rental. The Lessee and guests are required to take due care when residing at the villa and be especially watchful of children playing in the gardens, near the entrance from the main road, or near or in the pool. Children MUST be under direct supervision of an adult at all times when staying at the Villa. Due to the location of the site, the villa has some unprotected areas. The Lessee has to keep a strong awareness as to the whereabouts of all guests in his or her party. Furthermore, guests are not permitted to enter the Villa when wet from swimming, as the floors can be slippery. Damage or injury arising as a result shall not be the responsibility of Lessor. Lessee accepts and acknowledges and indemnifies and holds the Lessor harmless from and against, any liability resulting from any claims whatsoever as a consequence of accidents leading to injury or loss of life of any guests or visitors of the Villa for the duration of the rental.
- 22. SMOKING
- Smoking is not permitted within the villa. Smoking is permissible outside in the grounds. If signs of smoking are found a $ 500 cleaning fee will be charged. Smoking is a breach of the rentals contract and can lead to the cancellation of the booking with no compensation.
- 23. VALUABLES
- A personal safe is provided in all bedrooms, it is strongly recommended that it be used to store valuable items such as passports, cash, traveller’s cheques, mobile phones, cameras, etc. Any valuables left at the property are the guests’ sole responsibility and neither the Lessor nor the staff can be held responsible for any loss of, or damage to, personal property.
- 24. ARTWORK
- Villa Chan Grajang contains many precious contemporary and antique art pieces. This collection is part of the uniqueness of the villa. Guests must be aware of the unique nature of these works of art and antiques and be especially cautious to avoid any damage. Any damage to artworks and antiques during the rental period will be the responsibility of the Lessee and any damages incurred by the Lessor will be set off against the security deposit referred to above and if these damages exceed the amount of the security deposit the Lessee shall be liable to compensate the Lessor for the difference.
Villa Chan Grajang
Thank you so much for the indulgence to become like children, where we could enjoy each day, receive magnificent service and never have a care in the world.
The villa is exceptional, the food is exquisite and the staff so very friendly and funny!! This will always be remembered as a special time in our lives.
Thank you so much.
B & S - 19-26 October, 2017 (Australia)
Our third visit since 2011 and it’s only getting better!! We’re truly amazed by the level of service (attention to details & the caring to us) & the hardware of the villa (6 years and I felt like the villa is getting younger)
This is still the best villa experience I’ve ever had & I’m sure we are still coming back!
Next time we will come with friends with kids and I hope there will be a bit more games / activities suitable for kids. We can’t wait until our next trip back to villa 15!!
Miss you all tons & see you around soon!
K & V & D & M C. - 14-19 November, 2017 (Hong Kong) – 3rd
It has been an unforgettable return trip to Phuket. The hospitality that you all have shown us will make it difficult for us to find another team like yours. The villa itself is very well taken care of and the rooms were all so well maintained. The food has been excellent and we all gained a few pounds. It would have been even better if a treadmill was available. We can’t wait until we come back and visit again in the near future.
R.H - 29 September – 3 October 2017 (Hong Kong)
Thank you for another special weekend in paradise. The second trip (since our last experience in 2016) has been even more memorable, delicious and heavenly. Thank you so much for our delicious off-menu (crab curry, GIANT shrimp) items…But….our favourite food was your brownies! Thank you, thank you, thank you. As well, we enjoyed many movies in the beautiful new movie studio. The sound system and new decor are 10/10.
V.L., H, D, F, M, T, K - 30 March – 4 April 2017 (Hong Kong) 2nd
The famous philosopher Alexander Stoddard once said ‘when you love a beautiful place, you carry it with you wherever you go’
I know that we will carry the memories of our stay here in our hearts for a very long time. Thank you for the magical moments you have helped to create on our second visit here.
V.L., H, D, F, M, T, K - 30 March – 4 April 2017 (Hong Kong) 2nd